As globalization pervades all facets of our life, there is a vital need for the education sector to keep pace with the changes sweeping across the environment. In today''s dynamic world and demanding pedagogies; to say that teaching is one of the most important jobs would not be wrong. Teachers not only spread knowledge but also contribute to the society at large as they are the reason behind most of the people, who lead their countries to new developments. With education, we can achieve all that we want and can make new things and resources and meet the growing needs but it is a teacher who is behind imparting the education to the people.
In the words of Hannah Arndt, “Teacher represents the old world as it is representative to the new generation - to carry it over!”
To bring the quality teaching to the forefront of education and motivate new teachers to deliver quality teaching through innovative and student friendly techniques, CII – Yi Chandigarh Chapter, through Young Educator Award 2010, would be recognizing the contributions of the young teachers having 3 – 5 years of experience. It would be an opportunity to Beginner teachers of Chandigarh, between 25 to 40 Years of age, to showcase their potential.
Through these Awards, CII’s Yi aims at
• Acknowledging & highlighting the achievements of young educators of Chandigarh
• Educating the general public with examples of Young achievement
• Encouraging & motivating young people of Chandigarh at all levels in their chosen field
• Developing a sense of pride in being a student of Chandigarh
• Building self-confidence through rewards for excellence
• Providing role models & mentors for our youth by highlighting their achievements and
the pursuit of excellence and
• Developing and encouraging education among young people of Chandigarh