The Indian food industry is poised for huge growth, increasing its contribution to world food trade every year. In India, the food sector has emerged as a high-growth and high-profit sector due to its immense potential for value addition, particularly within the food processing industry.
The food industry, which is currently valued at US$ 39.71 billion, is expected to grow at a Compounded Annual Growth Rate (CAGR) of 11 % to US$ 65.4 billion by 2018. Food and grocery account for around 31 % of India’s consumption basket. The Government of India has been instrumental in the growth and development of the food processing industry. The government through the Ministry of Food Processing Industries (MoFPI) is making all efforts to encourage investments in the business. It has approved proposals for joint ventures (JV), foreign collaborations, industrial licenses and 100 % export oriented units.
Growth Areas in Food Processing Industry:
Though, all sectors in food processing industry expected to grow at a much higher rate compared to manufacturing sector, a few sectors identified below have a potential to grow at a much faster rate.
- Integrated Cold Storage Facilities
- Pre-Processing and Pre-cooling facilities near farms
- Modernization of agriculture markets, warehouses and abattoirs
- Efficient Handling facilities
- Mega Food parks
- Fruits and Vegetable Processing
FoodBiz India 2017 is an International Conference and Exhibition on Food Processing with the theme, Rejuvenating innovation and challenges in food processing and allied Sectors. It is a platform that brings together all the stakeholders such as industry, academia, policy agencies etc. to a common platform.
FoodBiz India 2017 provides:
- Platform for networking between the Indian and Overseas Players catering to the entire value chain system
- Networking of stakeholders to work towards the overall growth and development of the sectors
- Providing technical support in industry led collaborative projects
- Interactions and Deliberations to discuss Status & Issues of the Industry, Emerging Trends & Technologies, Innovations, Best Practices, Case Studies, Financial aspects, State and Central Policies, Incentives and Support availability, Global Markets and Challenges, Export Competitiveness, Food Security, Quality matters
- B2B Interactions, Building Partnerships and Forging Alliances.
- Explore and Identify Emerging Opportunities and Thrust Areas
- Entrepreneurs, Banks, Financial Institutions and Venture Capitalists to invest.
- Enumerate policy recommendations for the state and central governments through a dialogue process
- Serves as a pathfinder to the stakeholders and urge them to compete and capture the world market.
- Spices, Spices Products and Horticulture Produces
- Food Processing Technology & Machinery
- Refrigeration & Cold Chain System
- Processed & Packaged Foods, Ready to Eat Food, Snack Food
- Bakery Equipment & Machinery, Technology, Ingredients, Fragrances & Flavours
- Retailing & Vending System, Hotel & Kitchen Equipments, Hospitality Products & Equipments
- Packaging Machinery & Technology, Bar Coding, Inks & Materials
Proposed Government Partners:
- Ministry of Food Processing Industries (MOFPI), Government of India
- Spices Board India, Ministry of Commerce & Industry, Government of India
- Central Food Technological Research Institute (CFTRI), Council of Scientific and Industrial Research, Ministry of Science & Technology, Government of India
- Department of Horticulture, Government of Andhra Pradesh