Emerging across the world, as key driver of economic integration and enabler of economic growth and inclusion, the Services Sector contributes almost one third of the gross value added, half of the world employment, one fifth of global trade and more than half of the world FDI flows.
In India, from 30 per cent of GDP in 1950, the contribution of the Services Sector has grown to more than half of the country’s output today, contributing almost 62 per cent of the gross value addition with the growth of 7.7 per cent in 2016-17.
To collectively strategize in a holistic manner on policy framework and create an overarching Services Policy which can have a significantly favourable impact on the services ecosystem. CII is organising CII Services Conclave on 19th December in New Delhi. The objective of this conclave is to create a platform for stakeholders to –
- Ideate on expanding India’s presence in global services exports map and creating global brands from select sectors
- Understand the regulatory frame work and discuss way and means to bridge the gap and bring coherence
- To connect and engage with global services fora for collaboration, partnership and better understanding of global best practices
- Develop a robust Services’ ecosystem which will significantly and seamlessly impact the embedded and embodied services in manufacturing System.
- Gain better understanding on legal, financial and ICT System which are the foundation of a modern service economy
- Gauge and assess the skill ecosystem to support the growth momentum of the Services’ sector in the country and in the Global services arena