This report is prepared under the aegis of CII Northern Region with an objective to disseminate policy initiatives taken by the various State Governments to attract investments in their respective states. This report also aims to serve as a ready reckoner and help investors take informed decision.
The Report covers five major aspects :
- The first section gives an economic and industrial overview of the Northern States. This section also dwells on infrastructure and industrial landscape of these States
- The second part of the report details out the current scenario of the Indian Power Sector discussing generation, transmission and distribution along with the status of Renewable Energy in the country. This section further goes on to discuss the status of UDAY in Northern States and a few other select States of India. In addition, it also focusses on Renewable Energy achievement, target and potential of the States
- The third part of the report compares the Renewable Energy policies of the Northern Region along with few other select States on different parameters like eligibility and qualifying criteria, process of allotment of projects, procedure for land acquisition, power evacuation facilities, wheeling and banking charges, tariff structure, framework for grid connectivity, incentives for different RE technologies, financial aspects etc. The compendium contains comparison of policies for each of the Renewable Energy technologies such as small hydro, wind, solar and biomass
- The fourth section of the report compares the industrial tariff along with the Open Access Charges and ED of all Northern States of India. It also analyses the change in tariff from 2010-2016 in these states
- The final section of this report lists down key contacts in the State Governments of the Northern States
It was released at the CII Renewable Energy Summit 2017 held on 21 April 2017 at New Delhi.