This report, prepared jointly by CII and KPMG, establishes the importance of building a robust ICT infrastructure for achieving the national goals set under the umbrella of the Digital India, Smart City Mission and Bharat Net.
The key highlights of this paper include:
- Evolution of ICT infrastructure industry in India
- ICT Infrastructure - driving growth in countries across the globe
- Government Initiatives - Making digital empowerment a reality
- Industry's contribution to ICT infrastructure growth in India
- Policy imperatives and challenges faced by ICT infrastructure sector
- Enhancing speed and productivity of ICT infrastructure roll out - Need for convergence
- Roadmap for the ICT Infrastructure industry in India for development of a sustainable and inclusive digital ecosystem
This report was released at the at the Conference on “Building ICT – Infrastructure: Connect the Unconnected” held on 18 April 2017 in New Delhi.