The focus of this White Paper is to analyse, rationalise and provide a grounded reasoning to adopt leading practices in developing a sports curriculum framework, which is substantiated by the Government and in-turn adopted, executed and monitored at school level.
The salient features of this report include:
- What is Sports Education and why is it necessary?
- Need for Sports Education Framework in India
- Evaluating International Curriculum Frameworks & Standards
- International Guidelines, Standards and Curriculum Development
- Existing Sports Education Scenario in India
- Suggestive Curriculum Framework for India
- Critical Success Factors for Development and Implementation of Sports Education
- Curriculum in India
- Proposition & Conclusion
It was prepared against the backdrop of the CII Scorecard 2017 held on 6 July 2017 at New Delhi.