The State of Orissa is rich in natural resources - minerals, marine, forest and agricultural land, with 480 Kms. long coast line along the Bay of Bengal.
Orissa has a substantial industrial base, comprising of a number of large, medium and small-scale enterprises in Steel, Aluminium, Chrome, Power, Textile, Handicraft and a host of other sectors. The thrust is on agro processing, electronics and software, aluminium industries, Gems & jewellery, automobile, basic drugs and pharmaceuticals, petro-chemicals and export oriented units.
Its lush green countryside and fertile plains, tiny hamlets fringed with palm, coconut trees and mango groves offer the charm of rural beauty while the urban pockets, the four cities in particular, with the splendor of modern technology provide the amenities necessary for a comfortable stay. Orissa is also the land of unique handicrafts and other excellent artifacts.
Infrastructure facilities in the State offer tremendous opportunities for national and overseas investment in the export-oriented industries. Orissa is well connected by all modern means of transport surface, air and water. The State has rail and road network providing linkage to the various strategic points with more than 22364 Kms of rail route and 55000 Kms of roadways.
Abundance of skilled and semi-skilled manpower at competitive rate in an environment of peaceful industrial relation and positive work culture offer favorable opportunities for industrial development. Availability of qualified people from a number of Engineering Colleges, Polytechnics and Management Institutes in the State provide a rich human resources base for rapid industrialization of the State
Orissa has vast reservoirs of natural resources to spur industrial growth and development. Its fertile land, water resources, mineral wealth, long coastline and forest resources are great assets.
Key Initiatives / Information
• CII Orissa acts an interface between the state government and industries. It is plays an active role in state government investment promotion and sustenance activities
• CII Orissa State Council had helped the government to modify the Comprehensive Development Plan of the Khurda, Jatni & Cuttack prepared by IIT Kharagpur
• Tourism, R&R, MSME Policy was modified by CII Orissa State Council.
• Labour Reform mechanism were recommended to labour commissioner of the State
• CII Orissa had organized a Review meeting with Chief Secretary, Development Commissioner & Agriculture Production Commissioner- cum Chairman Pollution Control Board on issues of industries of Orissa
• An Advisory meeting with Hon’ble Chief Minister Shri Naveen Patnaik on what action state government needs to take to sustain MOU industries in Orissa
• CII orissa is in dialogue with NGO, State Government and industries to prepare a model R&R practice for the state
• District Development Plan of Khurda, Balasore, Jajpur and Jharsuguda is being prepared
• A skill gap report had been prepared in partnership with PWC
• A work skill centre is being established at Balasore
• The Syllabus of Diploma engineers was modified by CII Orissa Capacity Building Panel
CII News Update
The participation of Israel in India’s research and development industry will create new opportunities for two countries, said H E Yahel Valen, Deputy Ambassador of Israel, to India, during an Interactive Session held in Bhubaneswar. The potential areas for cooperation between the two countries ar.....
India is widely regarded as a country in which corporate social responsibility has long played an important role much before the global awakening. National and international nongovernmental organisations and UN agencies are involved with the public debate with the business community and the media .....
The 5th CII Golf Cup was organised by Confederation of Indian Industry
on the Golf course of Bhubaneswar Golf Club near Infocity. The
tournament was an 18-hole stroke play.
Enterprise Odisha 2012, a CII initiative in association with the Government of Odisha, was off to a colourful start with State Chief Minister Mr Naveen Patnaik inaugurating the mega event by lighting lamps at the IDCO Exhibition Ground in Bhubaneswar on Friday (23 November).
Department of AYUSH - Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, the Government of India, and the Department of Health and Family Welfare, the Government of Odisha, in association with the Confederation of Indian Industry (CII) organised AROGYA 2012 keeping in mind the demand for “Alternative Medicine”.....
Confederation of Indian Industry (CII – Odisha State Office) organized a half day Roundtable on Metals & Minerals today at Hotel Mayfair Lagoon, Bhubaneswar. The Chief Guests for the Roundtable Shri Surya Narayan Patro, Hon’ble Minister, Revenue & Disaster Management, Government of Odisha; Shri Raj.....
Confederation of Indian Industry in partnership with IDCO and IPICOL organized a half day seminar “PlastMart” today 7 August, 2012 at Hotel Bhojan Traditional, Balasore with the objectives of Exploring Investment Opportunities, Improving Market Linkage and Promoting Balasore Plastic Cluster......
A one day seminar, first of its kind was organized by CII in association with Director of Factories and Boilers, Government of Odisha and PCI India on 28 June 2012 at Hotel New Marrion, Bhubaneswar. The seminar was held under the chairmanship of Shri A C Padhiary, IAS, Labour Commissioner, Govt. of.....
“MSME Connect”, a program to reach out to the MSMEs was organised by CII Odisha State Office at Bhubaneswar......
Young Indians, Bhubaneswar Chapter in association with RadhaKrishna Institute of Engineering and Technology (RITE) celebrated World Environment Day 2012 today the 05th of June 2012.