• Addressing to participants at the Inaugural Session Mr Rajeeva Swarup, Principal Secretary - Higher & Technical Education highlighted the importance of Higher Education as the most powerful tool to build knowledge based society for future. He emphasized that like technology resources and physical resources, human resources are also an essential part of organizational growth. He emphasized that the change in course curriculum is deadly required and it should be matching with industry requirements.
• On the occasion, Mr Dileep Baid, Chairman, CII Rajasthan State Council while delivering the welcome remarks said that new trends of managing human resources are redefining how human capital leaders and professionals create value for the organizations they serve. Understanding the new trends in human capital management is key factor in influencing HR for overall organizational accomplishment. He also gave the overview of the CII Panel on Education & Skill Development.
• Mr Suhas Bhide, Head - Global Delivery India, IBM pointed-out that Cross Culture Collaboration will be the success mantra for tomorrow and in future multi generality in the work force will come. Women leaders will have the attributes for future leaders. He added that collaboration with talent and innovation is the need of the hour.
• Mr B L Soni, Commissioner of Police, Jaipur talked about the HR system in Police Department. He said that the Police Departments gives reward for good work & publicize through wireless. Emphasizing on the need of safety and security, Mr B L Soni said that the industry should maintain live database of their employees.
• Ms Nandita Gurjar, Group Head - Human Resources & Member Executive Council, Infosys Ltd was of belief that HR will create special department for compliance officers in coming future. She added that in future, policies & workforce models will not be based on geographical models. She also said that the employee’s expectations are changing and thus the HR has to change accordingly.
• Dr Aquil Busrai, Chief Executive Officer, aquil busrai consulting said that the HR can become a business influencer in future. In future people will not go to work, work will come to people. More and more women will work; Leaders will become younger and younger, he further added. Dr Busrai also stressed upon responsibilities to more and more women at work place.
• Parallel to the 1st Plenary Session, An exclusive workshop for CEOs was organized on the theme of “Change Management”. This workshop was co-facilitated by Mr Anurag Aman, Principal & Practice Leader (Leadership and Organizational Performance), Mercer Consulting and Dr Ranjan Banerjee, a renowned expert in the area of innovation and change management. The central idea of the workshop was to try and arrive at answers to typical challenges faced by CEOs of today’s fast-changing marketplace. There was enthusiastic participation from around 25 different business leaders and proprietors across several different sectors.
• Other senior speakers of the two day conclave include Prof R P Yadav, Vice Chancellor, Rajasthan Technical University; Mr Sanjay Singh, Director - HR, Cairn India Ltd; Ms Seema Nair, Director – HR, Cisco Systems India Pvt Ltd; Mr Dalbir Singh, India Staffing Director, Microsoft Corporation (India) Pvt Ltd; Ms Neha Kharde, Head HR - Corporate Centre, Mahindra & Mahindra Ltd; Prof A K Gahlot, Vice Chancellor, Rajasthan University of Veterinary & Animal Science; Dr Shalini Sarin, VP – Human Resource Country Partner, Schneider Electric India; Mr Sudipto Chowdhury, Chief Executive Officer – Rajasthan, Bharti Airtel Ltd; Mr Mukesh Asudani, Vice President – HR, National Engineering Industries Ltd; Mr Aloke Chatterjee, Vice President – HR, Welspun Energy Ltd; Dr S P Sahni, Head - Education, Jindal Group; Mr N Ramesh, General Manager - P & A, Rites Ltd; Mr Rohit Sinha, Head - HR, Hydrocarbon Business, Larsen & Toubro Limited; Prof Jyotsna Bhatnagar, Chairperson – PG Programme in HRM, Management Development Institute, Gurgaon; Squadron Leader Lancelot Cutinha, Head – HR, Mahindra Lifespaces Developers Ltd; Mr Rohan Chopra, Principal - Organizational Effectiveness, TATA Strategic Management Group; Ms Aparna Sharma, Country Head – HR, Lafarge India Pvt Ltd and Mr Rakesh Sharma, Group President – Human Resource, Topworth Group of Companies.
On the theme of “Future Ready HR: New Trends in Human Capital Management”, CII Rajasthan State Office organized the 6th edition of HR Conclave on 15-16 February 2013 at Jaipur. Inaugural Session was addressed by very senior speakers including Mr Rajeeva Swarup, Principal Secretary - Higher & Technical Education; Mr B L Soni, Police Commissioner, Jaipur; Ms Nandita Gurjar; Group Head - HR and Member Executive Council, Infosys Ltd; Mr Suhas Bhide; Head – Global Delivery India, IBM and Dr Aquil Busrai, CEO, aquil busrai consulting and Former Executive Director, IBM.
The HR Conclave 2013 was a significant platform for all the stakeholders including HR professionals, academicians, relevant government officials and students for not only networking purpose, but also for knowledge sharing as it enabled interactions with experienced and emerging HR leaders from across India.
You will get access to following Knowledge Resources by subscribing to the Digital
Library of this event.