· “Competency, integrity and collaborative efforts of government and industry are needed to achieve excellence in the engineering sector,” said Mr Karan Avtar Singh, Principal Secretary, Government of Punjab. He was addressing the Conference on Achieving Excellence in Engineering Sector organized by the Confederation of Indian Industry in association with Valcon India at Ludhiana.
“Government and Industry need to play a significant role in not only providing exposure to the budding entrepreneurs but also making them aware of the stringent performance expectations necessary to succeed. In addition to this government needs to formulate stable policies for supporting industrial growth,” he added.
· While highlighting the key thought behind organizing the Conference, Mr Harish Chavan, Vice Chairman, CII Punjab State Council remarked, “The objective of organizing the Conference was to have focused deliberations on contemporary issues which are going to determine the future of Engineering Industry based in the region”. He stressed on the fact that engineering sector for long has been powering the growth in the region, however of late the sector has started to splutter opportunities and the need of the hour is to devise means and methods to engage successfully in international markets as well as address growing domestic demand for high quality goods and services.
· Dr Rajneesh Arora, Vice Chancellor, Punjab Technical University in his address shared his perspective on how Academics can engage more effectively with Engineering Industry in the region to not only create job avenues for the youth but also bring in new ideas & help the industry to upgrade its practices & techniques.
· Mr S K Rai, Managing Director, Hero Cycles Ltd stressed on the need for Industry to change their outlook for better growth and development and should not be bogged down by external constraints.
· Mr Sanjeev Pahwa, Chairman, CII Punjab State Council on this occasion highlighted the stellar role being played by CII in making the local Industry competitive through its cluster & other related initiatives. He called upon local Industry to support and also take advantage of innumerable benefits that CII as India’s premier Industry body offers.
· The Conference saw leading industry figures from across the state & region like, Mr Pirojshaw Sarkari, CEO, Mahindra Logistic Ltd, Mr S P Kamisetty, President & Managing Director Claas India Pvt Ltd, Mr H S Cheema, Cheema Boilers Limited, Ms SandeepRiat, Akal Springs Limited, Mr Rahul Ahuja, Managing Director,Rajnish Industries Pvtr Ltd, Mr Anurag Aggarwalla, Partner P K Industries, Mr Gaurav Sarup,Director, Marshall Machines among other deliberate relating to Supply Chain Management; Modernizing Manufacturing; and adopting Green and Innovative practices.
Confederation of Indian Industry (CII), Punjab State Council organised a Conference on Achieving Excellence In Engineering Sector from hrs on 31st July 2014 at Ludhiana.
The aim of the conference was to have focused deliberations on the topical issues which will work as enablers for achieving excellence in engineering / manufacturing sector that include Supply Chain Challenges in Engineering Sector; Modernizing Manufacturing; and Future of Manufacturing - Green and Innovative.
Speakers the Conference were:
Mr Karan Avtar Singh, Guest of Honour, Principal Secretary – Investment Promotion, Government of Punjab
Mr Sanjeev Pahwa, Chairman, CII Punjab State Council & Managing Director, Ralson India Ltd
Mr Harish Chavan,Vice Chairmanm CII Punjab State Council & COO, Mahindra & Mahindra Ltd, Swaraj Division
Dr Rajneesh Arora,Vice Chancellor, Punjab Technical University
Mr S K Rai, Managing Director, Hero Cycles Ltd
Mr Pirojshah Sarkari, Managing Director, Mahindra Logistic Ltd
Mr Srinivas P Kamisetty, President & Managing Director, Claas India Private Limited
Mr R K Mahajan, COO, Micromatic Grinding Technologies
Mr Gaurav Sarup, Director, Marshall Machines (P) Ltd
Mr H S Cheema, Managing Director, Cheema Boilers Ltd
Dr K Prasanna Sai, Director Valcon India
Mr Anirban Mazumdar, Director Valcon India
Prof Manmohan S Sodhi, Cass Business School, City University London
Mr K S Wilkhu, Director (Engineering & Marketing), Sutlej Motors Ltd
You will get access to following Knowledge Resources by subscribing to the Digital
Library of this event.