· Dr C Rangarajan, Former RBI Governor and Former Chairman, PM’s Economic Advisory Council was the Chief Guest. Mr Vellayan Subbiah, MD, Cholamandalam Investment and Finance Company Ltd. was the Chairman of the event.
· The topics included:
- Business Partnering
- Optimizing WACC and Supporting Business Growth
- Key Implications of Companies Act 2013 on capital raising process
- Internal Control over Financial Reporting (ICFR)
- Information Security
Dr Rangarajan mentioned that there is a need to have an institutional focus for providing long-term financing support to infrastructure segment as it is the basic foundation for achieving faster economic growth.
He mentioned that “The equity market has developed, but the corporate debt market has not developed that much. Also, the banks themselves have run into a number of problems. They raise deposits with rather shorter-term maturity, and for them to lend to infrastructure and other long-term investments creates a maturity mismatch,”
Mr. Rangarajan also said banks had reached a point where this mismatch would really become an issue.
However, he admitted that the recent announcement of RBI to allow banks to raise infrastructure bonds would partially solve the problems. But, he was of the firm opinion that creating or going back to set up institutions specially focusing on providing long-term credit to companies could be a useful thing.
· Other speakers who spoke in the Conference include:
- Dr N Kamakoti, MD, City Union Bank
- Mr L Ganesh, Chairman, Rane Group
- Mr Arun Jain, CMD, Polaris Financial Technology Ltd.
- Mr S S Gopalrathnam, MD, Cholamandalam MS General Insurance Co. Ltd.
- Mr N K Ranganath, MD and CEO, Grundfos Pumps India Pvt Ltd.
- Mr T N Arun Kumar, CGM, CARE Ratings
- Mr Shankar Narayanan, MD, Carlyle Group
The event had a participation of 200 senior most Finance Professionals from across various sectors.
You will get access to following Knowledge Resources by subscribing to the Digital
Library of this event.