6th edition of MainTech 2015 - ‘Forum for Maintenance Technology & Practices’: “Focus Area for 2015: Lubrication” - “Lubes & Greases” related New Technologies, Developments, Maintenance & Best Practices held on 17 July, 2015 at Vadodara.
‘Maintenance’ constitutes an important business process in any industry, especially in continuous & batch process industries. However it is considered as a non-core technical activity, with a limited scope of maintenance and neglecting its impact on the overall business model.
To overcome this gap, Confederation of Indian Industry has established this “Forum for Maintenance Technology & Practices” and through the last 5 editions of MainTech CII Has been establishing the fact that like any other business function in the industry, Maintenance Technology can be positioned as a significant functional area, towards enhancing asset efficiency and cost reduction.
MainTech Conference is the initiative of CII Vadodara and has grown in strength, quality & scale. Started as General Maintenance Practices in the first edition, followed by Proactive & Preventive Maintenance in 2nd edition, Best Maintenance Practices in 3rd edition, after the 3rd edition we took up the feedbacks received from delegates. Then we followed up the 4th edition of MainTech 2011 with specific focus on Bearing Maintenance & covered vide range of topics related to bearing maintenance, the 5th edition of MainTech 2013 with specific focus on “Gear Box Maintenance” on 2nd August 2013 at Vadodara, identified challenges & best practices pertaining to proactive maintenance of Gear Box and covered wide range of topics of interest to the stakeholders in the various areas.
The Technical session I: “Basics of a Gear Box” was dedicated towards understanding the initial framework of the Gearboxes. The very proactive maintenance of this ubiquitous industrial product begins from the selection and installation part. Hence this session was to understand the engineering and challenges involved in the very foundational stage of Gearboxes.
Technical Session II: “Gear Box Maintenance” covered in depth about diagnosing problems, measurements, replacements, effective maintenance of a Gear Box and to understand how the Lubrication, vibration analysis practice can be used as a reliable proactive maintenance techniques for Gear Box and how to improve reliability of industrial transmissions.
Technical Session III: “Sharing of Best Practices” aimed at putting up relevant live illustrations in the areas having wide implications of proactive maintenance practice for the Gear Box. Case study on Gear Box Vibration Diagnostics, Beyond Condition Monitoring, Manufacturer prospective and user prospective were deliberated by esteemed speakers.
Key Speakers addressed during the event:
· Mr Premraj Keshyep, Chairman – CII Central Gujarat Zonal Council & Managing Director- Conmat Systems Pvt. Ltd.
· Mr Samir Sabnis, Chairman – 5th edition of CII’s MainTech 2013 & Director- Pruftechnik Aimil (India) Pvt. Ltd.
· Mr Vilas Kalyankar, Chief Executive Officer – Gear Division, Elecon Engineering Company Ltd.
· Mr Sunil Desai, Chairman – CII Central
· Gujarat Zonal MSME Taskforce & Managing Director- Richfield Engineering India Pvt. Ltd.
· Mr Nishith Dand- Managing Director, Sure Safety (India) Pvt. Ltd.
· Mr Bharat Gajjar, Manager – Customer Service, Elecon Engineering Co. Ltd.
· Mr Vineet Khatri, Technical Support Specialist, ExxonMobil Lubricants Pvt. Ltd.
· Mr Kuntal Rajyaguru, Manager – Application Engineering, FAG Bearings India Ltd.
· Mr Vraj B Senjaliya, Senior Manager - Engineered Product Design, Elecon Engineering Co. Ltd.
· Mr Ashok Der, Manager – Technical Support, SEW Eurodrive India Pvt. Ltd.
· Mr Hitesh Patel, Senior Manager – Project Engineering, Elecon Engineering Co. Ltd.
· Mr Rajiv Gandhi- Director Technical, Vulcan Industrial Engineering Co. Ltd.
· Mr R N Madke- Executive Director – Technical (Transmission), Vulcan Industrial Engineering Co. Ltd.
· Mr Sreepal Ranjan Singh Negi, General Manager – Technical Services, FAG Bearings India Ltd.
· Mr Rajeev Dubey- Managing Director, Quantum Age Tech Solutions Pvt. Ltd.
· Mr Jayanta Mukhopadhyay- General Manager – Design, Elecon Engineering Co. Ltd.
· Mr RBM Tripathi- General Manager – Operations & Maintenance, J K Cement Works
"The MainTech platform by CII in its 5th edition, continued in its endeavor to bring the latest trends and technologies in the maintenance arena to the industry. It has given me immense pleasure to experience the excellent response to this year's edition specifically focused on Gearbox Maintenance and we look forward to take it forward, based on the positive feedbacks received from all our patrons.”
The summit was well attended by more than 150 Delegates from across the industry.
You will get access to following Knowledge Resources by subscribing to the Digital
Library of this event.