· Delivering the special address through video conferencing, Mr K Srikanth, Former Indian Cricketer and CEO, Career Strokes, highlighted the critical need for the embrace the new opportunities using technologies. He also highlighted the difference between learning and studying.
· Many speakers mentioned that the forum should be on learning and the technology should be seen as an enabler. Some of the interesting trends in e-learning include anytime anywhere learning, on demand learning.
· Mr Tridib Roy Chowdhury, Adobe delivering the Keynote address demonstrated how technology tools can be used to develop compelling content for learning.
· Mr K Shridharan, Chancellor, Kalasalingam University in his special address mentioned about the importance of e-learning and its tools in the current scenario.
· At the conference, there was an Expression of Interest Agreement (EoI) was signed between Confederation of Indian Industry and Kalasalingam University with a view to strengthen the Industry-Institute-Partnership in the areas of e-learning and web publishing. With this agreement, CII would form a Core Group on e-Learning and e-Publishing to provide a platform for Indian E-Learning and E-Publishing Industry to interact with the academic system for knowledge sharing and for catalyzing joint initiatives to launch career oriented Programmes in E-Learning and E-Publishing for the benefit of the student community. Such knowledge sharing is not merely in terms of the number of human resources required or the types of training and skill sets, but is intended to be much deeper with long-term strategic advantages for both the Industry and the University.
· This Partnership would emphasize on providing curriculum for conducting a Three year B.Sc Degree in E-Learning and web publishing and and other short term Certificate programs in various fields of E-Learning and E-Publishing and significantly improve the employability of the student community in the E-Learning and E-Publishing industries.
· The Core Group headed by Mr Anand Surana, Convenor, IT & ITeS Panel will facilitate the necessary technology transfer from the Adobe - Authorised Training Partner to the University. Adobe will offer 3 year course in e-learning and web publishing course to the institution. This degree will teach Adobe’s e-learning solutions along with the courses on how business models should be developed for today’s global web-learning industry estimated at $50 billion.
· Through the course, the university will also develop web lectures for other disciplines such as engineering and business mangement.
· Delivering the opening remarks, Mr Sridharan, Chairman, CII, Chennai Zone said that industries were pushing for inclusion of e-learning in the curriculum of southern universities.
· Mr Anand Surana, Convenor, IT, ITeS Panel set the context of the conference.
· Eminent speakers from Adobe, Axis V, The Thapar University, Sify e-learning, Flipkart.com, New Horizon Media, Hurix Technologies, Transforma, Harness Handitouch (P) Limited were made presentations.
· The conference had two Panel discussion wherein eminent speakers spoke on the Tablet Based Education & How technology can be leveraged to transform Higher education.
· The conference was very well attended by more than 150 participants.
You will get access to following Knowledge Resources by subscribing to the Digital
Library of this event.