· The three-day Synergy Siliguri 2014, was organized by the Department of Micro & Small Scale Enterprises and Textiles Department, Government of West Bengal in collaboration with Confederation of Indian Industry (CII) and the Siliguri-Jalpaiguri Development Authority, ended on a note of high hope. The most encouraging was the fact that as many as 93 MSME entrepreneurs will invest more than Rs 600 crore in diverse units North Bengal.
· "This could be achieved joint teams comprising MSSE&T Department of West Bengal, Confederation of Indian Industry (CII) and the Siliguri-Jalpaiguri Development Authority (SJDA) worked at the grassroots level for about a month meeting entrepreneurs at several places in the region.
· Shri. Rajiva Sinha Principal Secretary MSSE & T, West Bengal said Panel discussion on statutory norms & compliances (Land, Labour, Power, Fire & Emergency Services, Environment, Commercial Tax), Over more than 250 entrepreneurs attended, Clinic-Cum-Help Desk: Over 2,100 entrepreneurs visited Clinics-cum-Help Desk and counselling offered ,Courses & training: EDP: 127 entrepreneurs undergone training conducted by NIESBUD, Financial Literacy: 107 entrepreneurs undergone training conducted by NIESBUD, Fire Safety: 30 entrepreneurs ,Corporate Governance : 20 entrepreneurs undergone training conducted by ICSI, Investors awareness: 49 entrepreneurs attended training conducted by ICSI,Technology Break-out Session: 25 entrepreneurs attended Online EM 1 / EM 2 where EM1: 30 (proposed investment Rs 6 crore & employment 176), EM2: 16 (investment 12 crore & employment 648), UCC: Over 60 queries addressed and many complete applications submitted for mutation & conversion , Refund of Electricity Duty, Disbursement worth Rs 2.39 crore made to 19 units Proposal Received for New units: 91 entrepreneurs proposed investment of Rs 600 crores.
· Dignitaries and the officials were instrumental in achieving the agenda of the initiative. 5 main districts of the North Bengal, Coochbehar, Darjeeling, Jalpaiguri, Siliguri and Uttar Dinajpur had set up individual help desks to interact with the participants and understand their problems and queries.
· "The feedback is very encouraging from all stakeholders - entrepreneurs, policymakers, Government officials. There were four training sessions organized by NIESBUD, IIP and ICSI. The number of footfalls over the past three days was more than 2,100. That shows the intensity of interests," That really encouraged these entrepreneurs invest and set up units," he explained adding, "There were 44 clinics consisting of all relevant Government Departments - Power, Pollution, Land, Finance, WBSIDC, WBIIDC, besides others and also Major Banks and other Development Institutions. Queries were mainly related to Power, Labour, Pollution, Land, Finance, Fire and Factories. Almost queries were addressed." said P K Shah, Chairman, CII North Bengal Zonal Council, he also added CII Business Mentoring Forum has been formed To offer handholding support for the next orbit of growth, To help realize true potential for successfully managing businesses., To enhance competence levels and ensure organizational effectiveness, To help attain leadership excellence and navigate business challenges BMF Consists of six to ten members typically from non competing businesses. Meets once a month for 2 to 3 hours, to mentor new entrepreneurs.
You will get access to following Knowledge Resources by subscribing to the Digital
Library of this event.