Bicycle, as a mode of transportation symbolises a greener and healthier tool and its increasing demand in developing countries is driven by the fact that it serves as a low cost transportation solution. The objective of this theme paper is to explore the global and Indian bicycle industry, look at the factors that make Punjab the bicycle capital of India and the advantages that this position yields to the state.
The salient features of this paper include:
- Cycling to wellness & Sustainability
- Global Bicycle Industry
- Indian Bicycle Industry
- SWOT Analysis
- Punjab- India 's Bicycle Capital
- Punjab- The 'Cycle Valley' Project
- Advantage Punjab- Poised to be the Global Bicycle Hub
- Punjab- Voice of Industry
This paper was created jointly by CII and KPMG at the backdrop of The Bicycle Excon 2016 held from 8 - 9 December 2016 at Chandigarh.