CII in association with its Knowledge Partner “Talwar & Talwar Consultants Pvt Ltd” released a background paper during the Conference on Intellectual Property Rights - Planning an IPR portfolio for growth and new paradigms” organised by CII on 19 July, 2013 at Chandigarh.
The paper reflects the importance of Intellectual Property within an organization. It is brought out that a set of policy measures need to be formulated to facilitate the effective creation, protection and monetization of IP and its use both as an offensive and a defensive tool in overall corporate strategy.
The background paper dwells upon the following aspects of IPR:
- IP policy for organizations
- Various forms of Intellectual Property Rights
- Importance and benefits of clear IP policies
- IP cell – the starting point
- IPR committee - Roles & Responsibilities
- Process flow chart – Intellectual Property
- Invention disclosure
- Points to be addressed in IP policies and administration
- Model clauses