The policy envisions e-Governance encompassing:
- SPIC: To promote e-governance, software exports, consulting services and IT infrastructure Chandigarh administration promoted SPIC (Society For Promotion of IT in Chandigarh).
- M-Sampark: It is service provided through mobile to give whole range of information of e-sampark services.
- CITROP- It is a program to train young students in schools for development of their entrepreneurial skill.
- For internet access, cable TV network will be used for speedy connectivity.
- Use of IT in agriculture and health.
- Aware rural people about uses of IT.
- Promotion of multimedia services like Fax/e-mail/Internet.
- To lease the spare capacity of the existing fibre optic network for data transmission to internet service providers.
- Use of intelligent network service to set up information canters.
Incentives and facilities provided to companies for setting up IT units in the Union Territory of Chandigarh:
- Depreciation norms-It is as per Government of India policy.
- Ascent, computer and internet training specifically required for the ITES industry.
- Exemption for the ITES industry from statutory power cuts.
- Security and transportation for female employees.
- Exemption of ITES industry from pollution control act regarding the use of power generation sets.
Bio Technology Policy
Towards this the following initiatives have been launched:
- Establishing cells for research and exchange of information using computer software.
- Setting up of Information cells on latest biotechnology trends in consultation with scientists
- Collaboration with national institutes to identify product oriented projects.
- Use of generic engineering to improve quality of agro-products.
- Development of new varieties of disease resistant trees.
- Creation of hi-tech nursery.
Incentives to units in SEZs under SEZ Policy:
The Chandigarh Administration and the SEZ Authority will provide the following facilities to units located in the SEZs:
- Land acquisition.
- Exclusive arrangement in and around the SEZ for maintenance of law and order.
- Developer of SEZ is permitted to establish independent power plant.
- Setting of SEZ management societies to carry out such activities necessary for the maintenance, supervision and control of SEZ.